- A pair of ghosts trying to drive her and Mulder to suicide
- A couple of centuries old, near-invisible monsters who probably became this way from drinking from the Fountain of Youth
- A serial killer with the ability to force his will on others
- A haunted doll that makes people kill themselves
- A blind woman with a psychic link to a murderer
- A giant, insectoid monster that sucks out people's souls and hides as a middle manager at telemarketing companies around America
- A town full of vampires, led by Luke Wilson
So, yeah, it's nice that in the long run she became a true believer, but for the longest time her refusal to do so was one of the show's more infuriating aspects.
Of course, this cliché isn't only relegated to genre shows.
It doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
So dear readers, are there any pet peeves in fiction that have always bugged you? Sound off in the comments below!
And as always, please drop me a line on Facebook or Twitter! I'm big into liking/following back!
-- Matt Carter
(We know there's a lot of Matt Carter's online you could spend your time with, so thanks for hanging around this one!)